Tuesday, July 28, 2009

TV Or Not TV? That Is The Question...

There has been a lot of "discussion" as of late on whether or not we will activate satellite TV at the cabin. I say yes, DH says no. Now, I am not a big TV watcher, I don't fall in with those on the high end of the statistic, but I do lie somewhere in the middle.

His argument is that I can see what is going on with my shows online. I agree, I could do that. My argument is that it is just not comfortable huddled around a laptop screen seeing if Izzy lives, or what happens with Violet and her baby... To avoid further "discussions" I have agreed to see how it goes without it for a while. If, in October, I am still suffering withdrawal symptoms - we, OK I, secretly, will reactivate it when we come out for our first visit to the "outside".

I will not be completely without my little magic box. We are bringing an AC/DC TV-DVD combo to watch movies on. That should get me through the hard times. One thing I won't miss is the monthly bill!
Who knows? Maybe this will be the start of a TV-free life. Or, maybe it will backfire horribly on DH and I will come home next year and become a couch potato. After all, there will be a lot of hours to catch up on...

No comments:

Post a Comment