Saturday, June 5, 2010

You never know where life will take you...

I am writing tonight from a hotel room in Quesnel. I came with Tim and hauled one of the two loads that make up the trommel he built to Williams Lake, BC. Believe it or not we are staying an extra night so the kids can swim - and to break up the driving a bit - there has been a few hours spent behind the wheel in the last few days. This is also beautiful, green, bug free country so we are not heartbroken at spending an extra day here. We even hit the museum and Tim walked all over downtown with us without complaint!

On Thursday, June 3 was our 10 year wedding anniversary. On our honeymoon, after some re-routing - we ended up in Quesnel, and out to Barkerville. How funny that 10 years later to the day we are in the same spot! If you had told me a month ago we would spend our 10 year anniversary where we honeymooned I would have thought you were crazy.

Long story short - the trommel is complete and delivered. Now that it is close to the time we will be leaving the lake we have to get back to packing as soon as we are back. I am a little behind as I am procrastinating a bit about it, but it will be all business next week as there is still lots to do whether we want to or not. We will move up to the claim for a week or so after we leave the lake. Friends from the "outside" are coming in to work at their claim on the 11th and we would like to be a part of that. There are also some prospector friends coming in on the 7th that we will catch up with this week too.
Oh, did I mention that somewhere in here I will also drive back to Alberta for a day to renew my driver's license which expires in the middle of June? I don't know if I have said it on here or not before, but I have to agree with Tim when he says that this year that was supposed to be more about slowing down has been the busiest year of our lives! The winter went by in a flurry of mail days and trapping and skinning days. There were two trapping days each week in the middle of winter, 2 skinning days, 1 mail day and 1 day preparing for mail day. That only left 1 or 2 days a week together - the same situation we had back at home. We brought so many things we never even got to do! I have boxes of books, crafts and puzzles that I really didn't have to bring - but how were we to know?

2 comments:

  1. I have found reading your adventures truly inspiring. How I wish we as a family could jump out of the city and try something like this! Keep writing about your journey, I love reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That is so nice to hear :) You can do anything you set your mind to!

    ReplyDelete