Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Adventures in Housesitting

Trying Lynx
We are here for a few days yet - and still enjoying our time at the end of the road. Tim is busy during the day a few miles away welding on the trommel and the kids and I are still keeping busy with school, coloring and the odd cartoon. I woke up yesterday morning with a treat from one of the kitties at the foot of the bed - a mouse! Usually it takes a few minutes to roll out of bed, but I think I made record time yesterday. I don't know if that means the cat likes me or not that it brought me a mouse...


We attended a birthday party yesterday - and it was a beautiful day! Great weather and even better company. We had a potluck style supper and Heather cooked up one of the lynx that was snared this winter. She did it in a stir fry, and it looked, smelled and tasted great, but when it got to the point where I had to push the piece of meat down my throat with my tongue, my body rejected. I couldn't do the mind over matter thing and eat cat. Even a wild cat. It tasted fine - it tasted like chicken and had the texture of pork roast. If I had not known what it was, there would have been no problem. But, alas, this girl couldn't do it. The most exotic thing I had eaten before that in life was elk, moose or deer. Although, I think one time I ate alley cat unknowingly in a Chinese restaurant in Manning, Alberta. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

2 comments:

  1. I can soooo picture you trying to eat that and not succeding. I'm not sure that I'd be able to either. Good try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave it a good effort - but it wasn't going down no matter what by mind told my body to do :)

    ReplyDelete