Friday, May 14, 2010

Breakup is starting!

While it will still take a few days to melt the cube in this big drink, breakup has officially started! I knew something had changed when I woke up this morning and the color of the ice had changed from a grey to more of a light blue color. The top picture was taken at 11:00am today.
The above picture was taken at just after 2:00 today.

This picture was taken at about 6:00 today - a breeze came up and piled ice on the shore - making a tinkling crystal-like sound as it did. The ice right now about 6" thick - but all in crystal shards. Picture 1990's lucite chandelier...

I took the kids for a quick quad ride after supper down the lake and further down the ice is in great bug chunks. We also saw a pair of Mergansers - I just couldn't get the camera out in time. The water fowl are back! I can't wait to hear the loons...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment